Friday, April 30, 2010

I love.....But......

I love you, but....
I really like your style, but....
I hear what you are saying, but.....
I want to continue this relationship, but....
But....
But... WHAT?!  But what?  I ask you this today because what is the word but? 

Frankly I am over this word and its condescending purpose.....  If you hear "I love you, but...."  What does your mind hear?  It hears the BUT!!!!  Forget the I love you because all of the sudden there are stipulations to the Love or the Like of the sentence. 

Another word to count out of my dictionary I suppose! 

As I journey forth in this letting go of the word but I have noticed more and more my hearing it; as this would naturally happen when you place energy into something.  
But (ha ha) why am I hearing this word so much?  Is it my own sense f doubt that is being projected right back at me through those I love and appreciate as they tell me 
"I think you have some really good points.... but... I think you could / need to use more punctuation"
Translation in my mind is "They really do not appreciate my writing if they put that BUT in there"
or there is this one

The other one I heard lately is a bit too personal too share at this moment in time but it runs along the same lines.

List of words I am doing my best to use minimally in my vocabulary:
Don't
Can't 
Not
Bad
and most recently But

Here is my reasoning behind this.....
Everyone placed on this planet has a distinct path that THEY must follow.... rather than it being my duty to point out all they could or should be doing right I really want to just support them fully as they venture forth.  All truth is different and all Trurh is correct.  Love is what everything comes down too, it is the emotion or feeling that we are created by and I personally think and feel that these aboe words move people away from who they are.  

I am ready to receive respect and I am prepared to give respect.  And sometimes that means shutting your mouth off and just allowing someone to be on their path instead of speaking your opinion about where they should be.     

To end allow yourself to take amoment and think about how often we "But" ourselves and see what resonates with you!  Maybe I am looking at it from an area of currently being shut down to constructive criticism and maybe that is all that the "But" is.  :)

Love and light!  Bless your day and bless your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment