Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Community

I have had quite a case of writer's block on this subject and have written and erased many time.  So instead of trying to offer advice on community I am going to tell you what it means to me, what this looks like for me. 


Recently I have started to explore more of what my morals are and have gone through the process of learning who I was as a kid and where I begin to fall away from my true self.  As with all of us I think it starts at a young age that we begin to lose our true spirirt.  We are told how to look, what is right and wrong, what looksgood and bad.  All of these opinions get pumped into our heads and we turn into, well, our parents quite honestlybecause that is where we learn majority of our life.  Now that I havr gone on about something indirectly related to the topic of community....


I was recently asked to imagine my life as if there were no obstacles in the way at all... what would I want?  Here was my answer:  I want to live in deep forest with an ocean near by.  I would live in the trees with many others and we would all farm and sustain ourselves by the earth.  We drink spring water and raise families as a community, we are healers, lovers, and hard workers and we take full responsibility for our lives as well as the lives around us.  We are kind to the earth and use only materials that she is able to digest well.  We talk o f ideas rather than events, support love and live free from fear.  We share and offer up the greatest of ourselves to eevryone around us.  We learn our strengths at a young age, rather than being told what our strengths should be.  We are free from violence and greed because we fully accept ourselves. 


This is the life I want, the community I will work to build.  I will support these thoughts everyay in my life.  Making the choices to connect with and support those that have a very similar life idea. 


I ask that if you are interested in my blog then please check out the ones below.  They are all fantastic and all very supportive of a sustainable lifestyle.  Thank you for listening an thank you for your support in reading this.

http://www.meletebymnemosyne.blogspot.com/
http://365daysofraw.blogspot.com/
http://www.channingyoga.com/the_halcyon_life/Namaste%60.html
http://hooponoponoworks.blogspot.com/

Have the best day of your life!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment